You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Zwickau / tramway and train / transitdiagram

transitdiagrams

Hey you all :-)

I do love making transit maps and diagrams for fun in my spare.

This time a super quick “3.5 hrs evening while watching TV” project show the trams and trains in Zwickau, Germany.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did when making it.

Any feedback is of course appreciated and welcome. 

423035562_image198609.thumb.jpg.b7e2656a4b774b54e7672b4dbe0d9534.jpg

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

PS: there is dark version too:

zwi2.thumb.png.df3608b9493ca95716f142338b38ad4e.png

Which do you like better?

:-)

PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

Both versions look good, but to my eyes some of the routes don't stand out as clearly as usual. Maybe giving more depth to the colours of routes 3 and 5?

Something like this perhaps?

346652507_Zwickausat.thumb.jpg.768e4b985a34202c96a00e6a479b2378.jpg

However, I hesitate to comment negatively in any way. Your colour scheme may well have a specific reference, and certainly your work is always stylish.

(Please excuse me adapting your image above; I just thought it would be the most concise way of showing what I meant. I am very aware it could be seen as me arrogantly "correcting" your work. That really would be a hideous intrusion on your thread and is not my intention at all. If I've offended, just tell me and I'll delete this post immediately).:)

Affinity Designer & Photo  :  Win 10

7 hours ago, Roger C said:

Both versions look good, but to my eyes some of the routes don't stand out as clearly as usual. Maybe giving more depth to the colours of routes 3 and 5?

Something like this perhaps?

346652507_Zwickausat.thumb.jpg.768e4b985a34202c96a00e6a479b2378.jpg

However, I hesitate to comment negatively in any way. Your colour scheme may well have a specific reference, and certainly your work is always stylish.

(Please excuse me adapting your image above; I just thought it would be the most concise way of showing what I meant. I am very aware it could be seen as me arrogantly "correcting" your work. That really would be a hideous intrusion on your thread and is not my intention at all. If I've offended, just tell me and I'll delete this post immediately).:)

Thanks for the input on the colors. And you are correct, in the bright version there might be to little contrast. Also thanks for showing me what and how you think is better! I do appreciate it! And please don't worry about correcting me as I do post my maps to get corrected. I want to get better :-)