You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lost page defaults?

Figured out how, set page defaults for a new doc, was working perfect, now everything went back to 8.5X11 and everything I set is gone?    -- Saved a page @ 10 X 13.5, chose fonts and shapes, selected "Defaults/Synchronize" for each separately, closed the page. Closed and restarted the program, opened a new page and all defaults were there. Later in the day went back in and everything defaulted back to an 8.5X11 with different fonts. Would there be some sort of "Lock Defaults" feature?

1 hour ago, NauticalMile said:

Figured out how, set page defaults for a new doc, was working perfect, now everything went back to 8.5X11 and everything I set is gone?    -- Saved a page @ 10 X 13.5, chose fonts and shapes, selected "Defaults/Synchronize" for each separately, closed the page. Closed and restarted the program, opened a new page and all defaults were there. Later in the day went back in and everything defaulted back to an 8.5X11 with different fonts. Would there be some sort of "Lock Defaults" feature?

Edit > Defaults > Synchronize resets defaults for items in the current document.

To make the changes permanent for new documents you need to additionally use Edit > Defaults > Save.

That's your first problem. Your second, I think, is that neither of those affects File > New, as far as I know. File > New will use the settings you last used in that dialog. If you want to save settings for that dialog you create a page preset using the hamburger menu icon to the right of the Page Preset field.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.