You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing keys and bugs on external keyboard

Hey guys,

I’ve been doing some client work on the iPad version of Designer to see if I can get a decent workflow and I’m using a wireless Logitech keyboard to boost my productivity, but unfortunately some important functions like Delete are not mapped on the external keyboard. Also when I try to enter number values into number fields like Width or Height I get (null) instead of the actual number typed in.

Is this normal and if yes, why? Also are there any plans to bring customizable keyboard shortcuts to the iPad products? This would be a huge thing since more and more designers are switching to the iPad and for a power user this is a must since he can continue with the same workflow he has on the desktop.

Speaking of desktop, not sure if I should congratulate you or not but AD is more responsive on the iPad than on my Windows workstation. Go figure!

Check out my awesome Affinity Creations!

• Staff

Hi Cristian,

We have had a number of requests for more shortcuts on the iPad version of Affinity.  Currently you can see the mapped shortcuts by searching the help file for Keyboard Shortcuts.  I'm not sure if we plan on adding customizable shortcuts on the iPad but i it has been requested before, so may in future update :) 

Hi @stokerg thanks for the quick reply!

It would be great if you add support for the Delete key and the ability to enter numeric values in places like the transformation panel. I'm guessing this is not very difficult.  I know there's no Delete key on the Apple keyboard but it's present on all the other 3rd party keyboards or you could just map the Backspace key to delete objects on the canvas.

And oh yeah, panning with the Spacebar so I wouldn't have to touch the screen with the fingers that much. I really hate all those finger smudges on the screen :D

Check out my awesome Affinity Creations!