You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher - Table of Contents TOC -> page number is missing

1 hour ago, q166132 said:

when I'm creating the TOC the page numbers are not there.

In the Table of Contents studio panel, where you've selected the styles to include in the TOC, did you ask for page numbers? Your screenshot doesn't show which styles you selected, so we can't see that, but that's the first thing to check.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

53 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

In the Table of Contents studio panel, where you've selected the styles to include in the TOC, did you ask for page numbers? Your screenshot doesn't show which styles you selected, so we can't see that, but that's the first thing to check.

I'm sorry Walt. I don't saw the checkbox for that. After I switched #s on, it's working.

2019-09-21_14h42_47.png

Good to hear it's working now :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 1 year later...

Hello, please can anybody help. I have the same problem: no page numbers in the table of content. I used a custom style for the heading,probably replaced the standard styles . However, I cannot switch to #s in text styles and no way to tick page numbers in TOC. Thanks a lot for suggestions to solve this, Yvonne

16 hours ago, Servus WIen said:

Hello, please can anybody help. I have the same problem: no page numbers in the table of content. I used a custom style for the heading,probably replaced the standard styles . However, I cannot switch to #s in text styles and no way to tick page numbers in TOC. Thanks a lot for suggestions to solve this, Yvonne

In 1.9.x the method was changed. You need to click on the little 'hamburger' menu indicator.

399693484_ScreenShot2021-04-21at6_48_53AM.png.d0ce1fb57ccf6c9b2fdd7fcd3025453c.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I understand, and it’s not a big problem.

If you want to get people to see your question more easily – and therefore, possibly, get a quicker answer – then a tip would be to create your own thread rather than adding to an existing old thread.
When they are looking for questions to answer, some people don’t look at old threads with a lot of posts because they are often just continuations of existing discussions which sometimes go into more detail than most people want to know. Essentially: “I can’t be bothered to look at that thread because it’s probably already been answered and they are probably just discussing minute details that I don’t want to get into.”
People only have so much time and therefore they need to prioritise what they look at. Scrolling through a long discussion about things like ‘which modifier key is best’ or ‘where the icon should be located’ can be interesting, but not to everyone in all cases.

If you do create your own thread it is usually good if you add links to the threads you have already looked at so anyone looking at your question can see that you have already done some work for yourself (and they can see some of what you already know).
Creating new threads isn’t always the best way to do things, especially if you need to reference information in other posts, but it’s an option which can be best in some cases.

Either way, keep asking questions when you need to. Please don’t be put off by my grumpy comments.

6 hours ago, GarryP said:

Either way, keep asking questions when you need to.

Hi @Servus WIen,

Garry's advice is good advice.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 1 year later...