Max N

When a layer is changed, the instrument settings are reset.

The problem is visible on GIF.
I tune the tool, switch to another layer and ... I need to tune the tool again. :(

Запись_2019_09_20_21_24_59_772.gif

I will supplement the topic with a question. Is it possible to set the color cleaning operation (On the Gif screenshot) to the hot keys?

3 hours ago, Max N said:

Is it possible to set the color cleaning operation (On the Gif screenshot) to the hot keys?

I think you'll find that it has a shortcut key of c already, but I'm unsure how one would know that, and I don't think it can be changed.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.499 Beta

Hi Max N,

Two bugs here.

First - Switching layers should not restore the fill to white—when I paint, it isn't white either so this is a clear UI bug. I think this might be logged but I'm not sure. 

Second - Resetting the fills was added in 1.7 and the shortcut should be 'D' however, this was not implemented on Windows (omission) and is already logged. I'll give it a kick :) 

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hi Max N,

Two bugs here.

First - Switching layers should not restore the fill to white—when I paint, it isn't white either so this is a clear UI bug. I think this might be logged but I'm not sure. 

Second - Resetting the fills was added in 1.7 and the shortcut should be 'D' however, this was not implemented on Windows (omission) and is already logged. I'll give it a kick :) 

And if this setting can be synchronized in conjunction with the instrument, this will be a step forward. In Photoshop, I assigned an empty color to the brush in 2017. In AP, I make this setting every time I open a document. This is a thousand times a year. It is scary to imagine how much time has been spent on what you can not do.