Much appreciated if someone could demonstrate how to draw text shadow as below on the iPad. I've tried duplicating a layer and pasting, but it's simply not as elegant as in Adobe Illustrator.

Source: 

Text Shadow.png

Hi Xeracon 

Welcome to the forums :)

As the shadow isn't the exact shape of the text in this case it would likely be best to draw the shadow manually using the Pen Tool.

Thanks

Callum

Hello Callum

I've seen people refer to it as drop shadows as well. Others suggest adding a outer shadow.

However, there must be a way to accomplish on this on the iPad.

Don't you think the pen tool is tad primitive :P for AD with all it's features

1 minute ago, xeracon said:

Hello Callum

I've seen people refer to it as drop shadows as well. Others suggest adding a outer shadow.

However, there must be a way to accomplish on this on the iPad.

Don't you think the pen tool is tad primitive :P for AD with all it's features

Drop shadows and outer shadows are layer FX which means your image will be rasterised upon export they are also feathered so your shadow wont be solid black like the one in your example. If you would like to keep it as vector I would recommend using the Pen Tool. You could duplicate the text then convert it to curves and manipulate the nodes to look like your shadow.