You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.7.2 not installing on Windows 10 laptop

Hi,

running affinity-photo-1.7.2.exe from a folder on the Windows C disk as Administrator ends with a 'Setup Failed' message on a Windows 10 1903 system. I ran the install process on a rebooted Acer laptop after first uninstalling the previous version of Photo. The 1.7.2 exe size on disk is 363 MB (381,517,824 bytes) and on the C disk there is 85GB of empty space. 

I have tried the installation several times with no success, either when running the exe from the Downloads folder or a new folder on the C disk.

The log files are attached and I noticed that the SetupUI log file contains a message about the Main.cab file being corrupt but I don't know if this is the reason for the failure. The installation process seems to almost complete but then it stops at the point where the product is about to be registered.

The installation exe has worked succsessfully on an HP laptop also running Windows 10 1903.

Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 is also installed on both laptops.

Any advice would be most welcome!

Regards

Colin

SetupUI.log

Setup.log

• Staff

Hi @Colin Bamforth,

Welcome to the forum

From the log files there is an issue with a registry install location, please use the link below to download and run the the Microsoft Installer trouble shoot utility and when the utility asks for the product code please use {958C8ACD-8C7A-43ED-92D7-B25B263CAFDA}

https://aka.ms/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Hi D Wright,

thank you for the response. The utility ran and produced a list of items which contained Affinity Designe but not Affinity Photo. It suggested that I should select 'Not listed' which I did but it only came back with a message saying that it could not detect a problem. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Many thanks

Colin

Hi,

I got bored so had a look at the log files from previous installs of Photo and after rerunning the earlier successful installations noticed that the earlier 2 versions used an "Elevated Install Process" whilst 1.7.2 didn't and later on issued the message that the Main.Cab was corrupt. Is any of this stuff relevant?

The extracted sections from the SetupUI logs are shown below:

Photo 1.7.2 - failed

+Requesting operation: SetupUI.InstallOperation
+Switching to page: Operation
+Starting MsiOperation
+Info: === Logging started: 19/09/2019  23:46:52 ===

Photo 1.7.1 - successful

Requesting operation: SetupUI.InstallOperation
Starting elevated process: C:\Users\Colin\AppData\Local\Temp\AffinitySetup\7d08a0ef-dba4-11e9-8e25-b870f4953242\SetupUI.exe /x=460 /y=229 /Operation=Install /InstallPath="C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo" /WantShortcut=True
+Startup: 20/09/2019 13:46:16
+OS version: 10.0.18362

Photo 1.7.0 - successful

Requesting operation: SetupUI.InstallOperation
Starting elevated process: C:\Users\Colin\AppData\Local\Temp\AffinitySetup\264a3918-db2a-11e9-8e23-b870f4953242\SetupUI.exe /x=460 /y=229 /Operation=Install /InstallPath="C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo" /WantShortcut=True
+Startup: 19/09/2019 23:09:52
+OS version: 10.0.18362
+ProductName: Photo

Cheers

Colin