You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting - Clipping Path Error

Hello,

I have received an error when trying to upload an svg into Cricut design space. Initially went to a Cricut forum, however I received little aid - seems to be a little too technical for the forum I chose. You guys have been great help with other issues so... I think I am missing something when I export my file from AD. I have attached the file, a pic of the error, & a pic of my export screen. (I have tried to export w/ flatten transforms & relative coordinates, with no luck)

TIA.

3G1C.svg

898B6BB1-D1A4-44DD-8BD0-31CECDB9B878.png

44F91CC0-02BA-41D7-96EE-70634550416F.png

• Staff

Hi CraftLe@rner! :)

Thanks for your file, firstly the 'Clipping paths' that Cricut is referring to are your vector masks that you've applied to the 3 image layers in your design. If you group these 3 images together, then rasterise the layer into one pixel layer you should find you no longer receive this warning when importing the SVG.

However I'm unable so far to have the Cricut app include this pixel layer when imported - I'm not overly familiar with the Cricut software, is this expected behaviour?

File 20-09-2019, 10 46 51.jpeg

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

9 hours ago, Dan C said:

I'm not overly familiar with the Cricut software, is this expected behaviour?

@Dan C, while I am also not overly familiar with Cricut, I can say that nothing it does is expected. The program makes 0 sense to me

If my machine would cut straight from AD I would never use DS again.

But, I will follow the steps you outlined and see what I can come up with from here. 

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know, if you're having any further issues please do let us know :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!