You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.7.2.471] Swatches-list doesn't update on change

Friksel

After renaming a swatch the swatch-name isn't updated in the list. Also after removing swatches the list doesn't refresh (so still shows the old swatches, eventhough they are deleted). 

The only way to update the panel is to switch to another tab in a combined panel and than back to the swatches panel. 

On 9/20/2019 at 10:10 AM, Sean P said:

Hi Friksel,

What kind of Swatches Palette are you using? Does it happen on a new document? I've tried this myself using a new document palette and everything is working for me - see attached

Yes, I'm using a document palette on a file created in 1.7.2. When I'm at home here it's working too with the exact same Designer version. But when working on my pc at work, using the same Designer version, but on Windows 10 Pro (at home I use Windows 10 home), the issue is there and renaming is NEVER updating the swatches. 

• Staff
19 hours ago, Friksel said:

Yes, I'm using a document palette on a file created in 1.7.2. When I'm at home here it's working too with the exact same Designer version. But when working on my pc at work, using the same Designer version, but on Windows 10 Pro (at home I use Windows 10 home), the issue is there and renaming is NEVER updating the swatches. 

I'm using Win 10 Pro (1903) here so I don't imagine its that. Can you go to %AppData%\Affinity\Designer\ and temporarily rename the '1.0' folder to '1.0 old'. Once you've done that try palette again. If that does fix the issue could you attach the '1.0 old' folder please? You may also want to rename the '1.0 old' folder back to restore any custom content, brushes, and assets.

Sorry @Sean P, I forgot to rename the 1.0 to reset stuff, but recorded a video on the pc where the issue happens and it shows the issue pretty clearly. I'm gonna try your suggestion later to look if that 'fixes' it, but here's the video to give some more information. As you can see I create a totally new file and add a new document palette and even then it's having the issue.

In the video you can see:

• The first time renaming works
  • After adding another swatch and changing the color of it, renaming fails
  • After adding a new swatch sometimes that new swatch is not shown
  • The swatches panel always refresh when switching tabs (but as above; sometimes that's the only time the swatches list get refreshed!)
  • Before I had an issue that the swatches list isn't refreshed after deleting a swatch even, but I'm not sure what order I did my operations back than, so that's another refresh-issue, but couldn't replicate it now

On 9/25/2019 at 9:20 AM, Sean P said:

Thanks for the video! That is very helpful - I've been able to reproduce the issue and it looks like it is being caused by the 'Edit Fill' dialog. I'll get this passed on to development.

Thanks for the update @Sean P. Glad I could help and you were able to reproduce this and passed it on to development.

• 2 months later...
On 9/25/2019 at 9:20 AM, Sean P said:

Thanks for the video! That is very helpful - I've been able to reproduce the issue and it looks like it is being caused by the 'Edit Fill' dialog. I'll get this passed on to development.

@Sean P Looks like this one is fixed in one of the latest betas as I see it working in the latest beta if I do exactly the same as I did in the video before. Nice! Thanks