katrinrr

typografic quotes on textimport

Even though in preferences autocorrection I set the mark to typografik quotes. They keep beeing the wrong ones on import and later. I cannot change them all per hand.

17 minutes ago, katrinrr said:

I cannot change them all per hand.

You should investigate using Find & Replace

Depending on your usage of quotes in your document it will be easy or hard but not as hard as changing them all manually

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

:D This also not an easy way. If you have " at the beginning and at the end. I thought setting the hook in preferences will fix it. so what is the hook for?

33 minutes ago, katrinrr said:

Even though in preferences autocorrection

I thought setting the hook in preferences will fix it.

… because it is not an import pref.

2 minutes ago, katrinrr said:

so what is the hook for

That occurs when you type quotes in a document not when you paste text that contains quotes

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

7 minutes ago, katrinrr said:

the only solution is find&replace

Or use a cleaning app before. There could be so many other typographic mistakes that should be cleaned before.

3 minutes ago, katrinrr said:

Ok. It seems the only solution is find&replace. :(

Why the sad face?

Find & Replace is awesome and can save you loads of time on problems like this.

You should be happy :) that you have a quicker solution than doing it manually, you just need to figure out the best way to do the Find & Replace on your document

19 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Why the sad face?

Perhaps because you cannot save and load cleaning macros. And the lack of doing the job with one click.