You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crop like Photoshop (pre-sales-question)

Hi,

I need the photoshop functionality to crop photos to a specific size in pixels while beeing free to select the size of the the view - withou changing the size of te output.

as I can't explain perfect in english, let me add this example:

I want an output size of 1000 x 500 pix, while the original is much bigger. I want to be able to select even small details of the original without changing the output size. so e.g. the nose of a portrait would be transformed to the output size of 1000x500 pix.

hope you know what I mean.

event the ps feature 'save for mobile devices and web' is helpful for our job. do you have even something like that? (saving the edited file in a copy with lower quality for the web)

As there is no trail for ipad, I wanted to ask before I buy ..

Thanks,

alex

• Staff

Hi Alexp,

Welcome to the forums :)

I'm not sure if I have understood your question completely if possible could you provide more information or a video demonstrating what you are looking for? The export persona will allow you to export at different sizes but there isn't a save for mobile feature I'm afraid.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

Hi alexp,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
If I understood you correctly you should be able to do this setting the Mode of the Crop Tool to Resample in the context toolbar, then entering the dimensions you want for the resulting cropped image (1000x500 in you case), and finally adjusting/scaling/positioning the crop frame wherever you want in the image. After applying the crop the resulting image will have the output size you specified  (1000x500 in this case). I suggest you download a trial from our website and check/try the Crop Tool as it's a little different than Photoshop.

Thank you for your information. Indeed, what MEB said, was my question .. :)

Unfortunately there is no trial for mobile devices. Is the functionality the same on Windows version? Then I could try it with the Win version of your software.

Thx,

Alex

• Staff

Hi alexp,
I've just noticed this thread in the iPad section. The instructions posted above are for the desktop version (Mac and Windows), my apologies for the mistake.
I will check if this is possible in the current iPad version (there was some changes to the Crop Tool in v1.7 and I'm not sure if they were already ported to the iPad) and will get back to you soon.

On 9/20/2019 at 5:18 PM, MEB said:

Hi alexp,
I've just noticed this thread in the iPad section. The instructions posted above are for the desktop version (Mac and Windows), my apologies for the mistake.
I will check if this is possible in the current iPad version (there was some changes to the Crop Tool in v1.7 and I'm not sure if they were already ported to the iPad) and will get back to you soon.

Hi again,

did you find out something?

On 9/20/2019 at 8:30 PM, MEB said:

Hi alexp,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
If I understood you correctly you should be able to do this setting the Mode of the Crop Tool to Resample in the context toolbar, then entering the dimensions you want for the resulting cropped image (1000x500 in you case), and finally adjusting/scaling/positioning the crop frame wherever you want in the image. After applying the crop the resulting image will have the output size you specified  (1000x500 in this case). I suggest you download a trial from our website and check/try the Crop Tool as it's a little different than Photoshop.

Yes. Like this on iPad.

BD82B743-1831-4B0B-8688-554F1887A5D8.png

D4614764-381E-4F37-97FE-C48BB3365971.png

805F3C8C-381E-4BE3-B56C-74AAFC6FD3A4.jpeg

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/