I've made a macro for frequency separation (my first macro attempt in this software, I'm an Affinity noob).

In one of the steps I'm dragging a layer over to the Apply Image palette.

When I reset the image and apply the macro everything is hunky dory.

The problem occurs when I run the macro on a different image. When I do this the macro is using the original layer from the image within I created the macro, for the Apply Image step!

I haven't used the Load Source From File, I just dragged the layer according to instructions displayed in the palette and the layers are named the same (they are named by the macro)

There seems to be a problemen with Affinity Photo in this case, or am I just missing something obvious? 

I can't come up with a workaround for dragging the layer, I'm afraid...

Fsep.afmacro

The initial image (layer) you use for the Apply Image step is always hardcoded into the macro, I don't think there is a workaround for this

You could try splitting the macro into 2 separate macros

E.g.

1. Run the first one up to where you Apply Image

2. Apply Image manually

3. Run the second macro which does the steps after you Apply Image

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be worried about.

Thank you Carl for verifying the problem.

It seems a bit odd that the macro can't reference the layer, especially since it can be done in so many other ways when creating macros.

It is also hard to imagine a situation in which it would be useful to hardcode an image into the macro.

I have considered splitting it up into two macros, it wouldn't be a problem if it was only me who would be using it, but now some of my friends (who I have talked into trying Affinity) will be using it too...so not the perfect solution. :-)

I assume there's a wish list somewhere (I'm new to Affinity), I'll try to find it...

Thanks again for your input!

It's the same with recording a copy & paste operation, whatever you copy is hardcoded into the maco and pasted onto other images when the macro is rerun, which is not always what you want to happen.

The macros, in general, are long overdue some more love from Serif

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be worried about.