You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Харків Kharkiv / metro / transit diagram

transitdiagrams

Hey you all!

I do transit maps and transit diagrams for fun in my spare time.

In the last two days I was creating my version of the Kharkiv metro after a "request" by @AmateurAffiniter :-)

In the maps (white and black) the present network, the two station on the green line under construction and also the further planned network are shown.

khark.thumb.jpg.34170b80d0fe9b08cc89ce229a67d4db.jpgkhark_w.thumb.jpg.23dfa00a7f4ca14758a70283fce7e095.jpg

As usual if you find any mistakes, errors please tell me :-)

Have a great day,
Chris

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

• 1 month later...

I like the inclusion of the transliterations of the names from Cyrillic Script to Latin Script.

I remember learning that there are at least two formats for the transliteration from Cyrillic Script to Latin Script. This may well account for why Chebyshev polynomials in mathematics use the letter T in their designation, because the transliteration into Latin Script of the first letter of the name in the Cyrillic script of the mathematician after whom the said polynomials are named using the German translation system starts with a T whereas using the English transliteration system it transliterates it starts with a C.

There was an interesting thread about seventeen years ago in the Unicode public mailing list where this was mentioned and an interesting thing that emerged was that the mathematician, a Russian, had a less than common first name and someone wrote and explained that the name was indeed Russian. It turned out that the mathematician had been born a few miles from a church named for a saint of that name and born within a few days of the saint's feast day. I have been trying to search for the thread so as to be able to post one or more links here, but I have not found it yet.

Cyrillic is associated with Russian, but it is also used for Ukrainian and Bulgarian. I seem to remember that at least one of them has an alphabet with a few more Cyrillic characters than does the Russian alphabet. 

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

14 hours ago, AmateurAffiniter said:

Awesome. I'll frame it for my wife. Spasibo.

Glad you like it! Have fun with it!

PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

12 hours ago, William Overington said:

I like the inclusion of the transliterations of the names from Cyrillic Script to Latin Script.

It's always a challenge mainly because of space and readability. :-)