You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why doesn't mask view mode toggle?

Hello, 

When option-clicking on the mask thumbnail on the layers palette, it takes you to the black and white mask view mode, however this same action again does not toggle you back to normal view, why is that?

To return to normal view presently, I have to use the "escape" key to get back where I was, two different key actions to simply switch views back and forth is a bit of an interruption for working more swiftly.

As shown in attachment.

Thank you

post-414-0-09544600-1435383219_thumb.jpg

To return to normal view presently, I have to use the "escape" key to get back where I was, two different key actions to simply switch views back and forth is a bit of an interruption for working more swiftly.

Hey decimate555. No need to use the ESC key. Just click on the mask icon (without the option key) and all will return.

MelG

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you. - Oscar Wilde

Thanks MelG… 

Somehow I overlooked the fact the mask thumbnail can simply be clicked on to return to the normal view, very good to know!

But as mentioned on my original post, the toggle would be still an expected behavior for a user holding down option-click on the mask thumb, as the option-click key on the thumbnail doesn't have an existing function when in masked view mode it couldn't hurt to implement it anyway? 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.