Wosven

[By Design] Export SVG: missing fonts replaced by Arial (default replacement)

Hi,

When opening a file with missing fonts, and exporting it as SVG (and perhaps other formats), AD shouldn't export text using Arial font infos, but keep original font infos.

The replacement font is only a way to visialize text until we've got the missing font installed, the document shouldn't be modified this way (this is important, since the replacement is usually a poor one).

Hi Wosven,

We try to maintain the look of a document when exporting, so this isn't a bug, just a side-effect of having a missing font. Conversely to your situation there might be users who have carefully picked their replacement fonts which are then ignored when exporting.

8 hours ago, Sean P said:

the look of a document when exporting, so this isn't a bug,

Hu… it's a good thing ID and other apps don't behave this way, or I wouldn't be able to correct  some design and part of a document of my co-workers when only few of them have a typeKit subscription and I don't and I need to modify the text or export to PDF.

I'll keep using inkScape and other programs since it's a major flaw to definitely replace a missing font by default display font in my opinion. As its name imply, it shouldn't be a real replacement in a document.