You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.7.2 Won't Launch Sept 2019

DanBoy123

Hi, 

Just as the title says, I cannot get the Affinity Photo 1.7.2 trial to launch. I don't think it runs at all, apart from flashing in my taskbar for a second. It does not show up in Task Manager. There is no error log information populated in the AppData folder, just a blank text file. 

My Info:

Windows 10 Ver. 1903 (Build 18362.356)

NVIDIA GTX 1080

(Not a Tablet)

1440p Monitor

No Duet whatchamacallit application installed (I saw on other forum posts that it doesn't play nice with Affinity, can't remember the full name)

No 3rd Party Antivirus

What I've tried:

-Restarting PC

-Running as admin

-Reinstalling Affinity Photo to default location

-Completely uninstalling old graphics drivers and clean installing latest stable Nvidia release for my card

-Installing latest Microsoft .NET framework (wouldn't let me as it recognized I have the latest already)

Your assistance would be appreciated, as I am interested in trying out the software. 

Thanks!

HEY! I figured it out as I was making this post! I'm still going to post it in case it helps anyone out, or if it is not appropriate, it can be deleted. 

Use this link to check if you have any apps that are not compatible with Affinity: 

My issue was RivaTuner. Used the instructions in this link, now it works. 

Thanks!