I have an issue when adding a new article to an existing page. (ver 1.7.2.471)

I am trying to change the selected text (image #1) to a 'Heading' but the previous article text also changes to the new text style (image #2)

1293189865_edittext1.jpg.a6f533b2f85c0a7f0e95c80a6f4bc804.jpg174634415_edittext2.jpg.b2ce2da2a9bab8161bfba540494f8994.jpg

This is also happening in the Beta version 1.7.3.475

This is a new issue, I have not changed anything on my computer.

Thanks for any ideas.

You should't need to select the paragraph to change the paragraph style. The text cursor just needs to be anywhere in the paragraph.

If you turn on the ability to view the special symbols, are those paragraphs using paragraph returns or soft returns? Or are all the lines part of the same paragraph?

1 hour ago, MikeW said:

You should't need to select the paragraph to change the paragraph style. The text cursor just needs to be anywhere in the paragraph.

If you turn on the ability to view the special symbols, are those paragraphs using paragraph returns or soft returns? Or are all the lines part of the same paragraph?

That is what I have been doing previously MikeW but this time it all went pear shaped.

If I add paragraph symbols from the Glyph browser it is still wrong. 

edit text #3.jpg

edit text #4.jpg

It may help to upload a page that acts so.

The oddity is your first screen shot displays both paragraph return symbols and line break (soft return) symbols.

But the lower screen shot is displaying line breaks (soft returns) and no paragraph return symbols.

Are you both trying to set the p.style using directly on text and also have it set on the text frame itself?

There are only soft returns, typically made from pressing shift+enter, though if the text is imported then the source is made that way. So it is all one long paragraph and APub is doing what it should.

In the screen shot below, I deleted the soft return at "animal cruelty" and pressed Enter to create a new paragraph and applied a different text style.

Capture_000222.png.0044e621a483da99736f5445141f706e.png

Thank you MikeW,

I had been looking at this for a while and just did not see the problem.

It is true what they say about a 'fresh pair of eyes'

Many thanks for your help.

Regards John.