You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher - How to Import multiple images and export in a single pdf?

Hello. I have a folder with hundreds sequential numbered PNG files, 1920x1080 pixels.

I need to joint them into a single PDF. one image each page.

Does exist a way to do this with Affinity Publisher?

If does not have, this is a good suggestion to improvements!

It sounds as though you’re looking for the ‘Database Merge’ feature which will be added in a later version. I don’t there’s a quick and easy way with the current feature set.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

29 minutes ago, vjsouza said:

Hello. I have a folder with hundreds sequential numbered PNG files, 1920x1080 pixels.

I need to joint them into a single PDF. one image each page.

Hello @vjsouza,

as Alfred pointed out this is not something APub can do automatically.

There are several different ways to accomplish your task. In Windows you can use the print command to send multiple seperate image files to Microsoft's PDF printer. This will combine all images into one file. See an explanation here: https://www.howtogeek.com/248462/how-to-combine-images-into-one-pdf-file-in-windows/

I would assume there must be a way to do this on Mac, too.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

3 hours ago, dominik said:

I would assume there must be a way to do this on Mac, too.

I just a few days ago merged 58 TIF images to one PDF file using Apple Preview. Just open first image, export it as PDF, and drag the rest of the images to sidebar thumbnail.

Now, that is only an image merge to multipage file, if you want certain page size other than image size you must adjust some more.

• 7 months later...

I just download the Affinity products yesterday, thanks to the great promotional offer going on right now. This was immediately a feature I missed from Acrobat. I see a few posts here about it, but I don't think any mention what seems to be the best option if you are using a Mac.

• Open the Automator application that comes with all Macs.
  • Hit Command N or go File> New
  • Select the gear icon ("Quick Action" on current OS)
  • From the Library at left, in the PDFs submenu, select and drag over "New PDF from Images"
  • Configure the options as you would like; from the very, very limited testing I have done (like, comparing of two source images to their results within PDF), it seems so far that the “Size Each Page to Fit” option maintains the original quality of each image.
  • Hit Command S, or go Flie> Save to give this new Workflow a name - I'd suggest "New PDF from Images"
  • Now this Workflow will appear as contextual menu / service when you select the images you want in Finder and right-click with your mouse or trackpad. Once you choose your Workflow from the contextual menu, a PDF will save to your selected destination (which Automator sets as your Desktop by default).
Edited by Library Eye