You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello! When I paint with a brush and do not interrupt the stroke is ok, but when I want to improve, irritating white edges appear.
It spoils the effect of work. I tried to find solutions in the settings but found nothing.
If I missed the problem and there is a solution - please link.

Thanks

image.png

I deleted  "Photo" folder in "AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Photo" and it's ok - maybe someone will need a solution. If you do not delete / move to another forum section.

Correction - my solution did nothing... worked once, the second time (closing and open the application) no longer ... on the beta version is ok ...

image.thumb.png.c071c0f960cd25b0d880c360960d7273.png

14 hours ago, irokiee said:

When I paint with a brush

It looks like you are painting with the Color Replacement Brush Tool in the left side screen shot, and the Paint Brush tool in the right side screen shot.

I'm not sure whether that was intentional. If it was, then because you have the Color Replacement Brush hardness set to 0%, the initial stroke has soft edges. When you try to cross over that stroke, with the Color Replacement Brush tolerance set to 10%, it will not paint over the soft edge.  If you set the tolerance to 100% it will. 

Intel i7-10700 Gen10 CPU, 32GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1660 OC 6GB
Windows 10 Pro 22H2, 1x 1TB M.2 NVMe, 1 x 2TB M.2 NVMe. Affinity APh, APu, ADe