You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, I’m Relatively new to Affinity Photo (both on iPad & Mac), and have the same problem on both platforms.  I hope i’m posting this question in the right place.

I’m trying to make a mask that targets the sky in the attached image (including the small areas in the roof parapet and the gaps in the trees). I have:

1. Created a luminosity mask (see image 2), that I now want to adjust from being grey scale (see image 3) to pure black & white
  2. l’ve created two child layers to the mask (curves and levels) and set them both to target the Alpha channels - see image 4 (I know I can paint on these masks to further target the areas they are applied to)

The problem that I have is that I can’t find a way to visualise purely the mask when I’m adjusting the curves / levels layer. When I put the mask layer into ‘Solo’ mode - I can only see the original luminosity mask, and can’t see the impact of any changes to the mask that are caused by the curves / levels adjustments.

Is there a way to do this, or am I missing something?  Is there a problem with the workflow I’m using?

Any advise, hints, tips or pointers will be much appreciated.

Thanks..... Bernie

13D592C3-F0EE-432B-B157-B6660B1C352C.png

9889A640-91EF-4A24-A47B-6A48C80F48AA.png

D712020E-9E9B-47ED-9664-8CCE44DA0123.jpeg

2232C638-7A9A-4F0B-93B3-6E4962EA5C4D.png

Edited by Gibney
Fixed a few typos