You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copy & Paste Guides or Have Guides Duplicated When Creating Artboards From Document Preset

Hi everyone,

Just need some help, I'm in the works of creating a (roughly) 200-page product catalogue.

Is it possible to:

1) Copy & paste guides

OR

2) Have guides copy over when adding new Artboards using the Documents preset.

Creating new guides over and over for 200 pages is not gonna work very well haha.

Cheers

19 hours ago, DWright said:

At the moment you car not able to copy and paste guides but you can duplicate the artboard with the guides in place

How's that done?

I set my guidelines and everything on the one document, then when I go to make Artboards I select the preset as "Document". However the guidelines don't copy over.

What am I missing here?

Set up a document with guides/bleed. Add an artboard via Document Menu Artboard. (due to a bug you can no longer adjust Bleed on the artboard but the settings will be honoured). Now select the Artboard layer in Layer Studio and using Edit menu select Duplicate layer. You should now have two artboard layers with identical guide Bleed Settings . Just duplicate the empty artboard as often as necessary. 

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/