You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Developing a raw Z6 16 bit image

• Staff

I've just tested some sample RAW files from a Nikon Z6 and developing takes a couple of seconds. What is the spec of your Mac and which macOS are you using. If you open Affinity Photos Preferences > Performance is Metal compute enabled, if so try turning off and testing.

• Staff

Your Performance settings look ok, what is the spec of your Mac and are you running the most recent update to Affinity Photo (1.7.2) ? You can also check the settings of the Develop persona Assistant, as you are running on macOS you have the option of switching RAW engines from ours (SerifLABS) to Apples (Core image). That being said the Nikon Z6 is only supported by Apples RAW engine if you are running macOS Mojave.

Some users don't update their OS due to some older apps not being supported or other reasons, this is a decision only you can make.

Thanks for replying Lee. My Mac is Sierra 10.12.6, Affinity is 1.7.2 and I am using Photomechanic 5 to import into Affinity. I have clicked to SerifLABS.

After I have worked on an image in Develop Persona I then hit the Photo Persona button and it took about 25secs to develop. Is this time normal?