You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changing the Default Text Size FOREVER

Okay, a very short question posted before I'm off on my exciting American day :P. (I will not be able to respond immediately but thank anyone in advance who helps me fix this 13-year-old problem).

Whether it was PhotoPlus 4.0, X3, or now Affinity 1.7.2, my Default Text Size has always been the size of a microbe, Arial 12pt. As I grow old and my beard turns to gray (you think I'm kidding, don't you xD), my eyes and also my patience are wearing out. I use the Text Tool probably more than any other, and I want to set the Default size as something an actual human being, as opposed to an android, can see.

So thank you in advance for helping me do this. I will read every response later this p.m. Again, thanks!

• Staff

Hi American :)

You certainly can save the default text size, first select the text tool you wish to use, then change the font size on the context toolbar to the value you wish to be default. Now, go to Edit>Defaults>Save. This will record the size of the text from your context toolbar, and you should find that in any new document (even after closing and reopening the app!) that this font size will be used as default.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!