You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for iPad Vs desktop

Hi!

I already bought Affinity Designer, Publisher and Photo. Fine gems! So I just acquired Affinity Photo for iPad but I must say that I am a bit confused...

As there are many differences between the desktop and the iPad versions, do you know where I can find a comprehensive list of the functionalities actually available on this Affinity Photo for iPad version ? It would be very much appreciated

Any ideas ?

Thanks!

Hi,

On the main start up page that has the Samples and tutorials, there is a question mark at the top/right corner, this has all the Affinity Help categories and helpful photos. You can also click on the Sign in the program and this will highlight all the tools/studios and persona’s. Most things are there from desktop, just different icons, more studios, a persona for selection and the context toolbar that appears along the bottom and expands with an arrow to show more options.

• Staff

Hi PierB and Welcome to the Forums,

Too further to what @summersara has mentioned.  There isn't a Light UI, Macros can only be imported and not recorded on the iPad.  So you can record them on the Desktop version and import them into the iPad version.  The Batch options can only convert files from one format to another at the moment on the iPad.  Other than that, it's just the same app with a different UI.

Don't think i've missed anything, but i'm others will correct me if i have :) 

17 hours ago, stokerg said:

Don't think i've missed anything, but i'm others will correct me if i have :) 

Can't import Pallettes, can’t (easily) reset text background colours. B|

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/