You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

affinity designer 1.7.2 update failed

• Staff

Hi chenry and Welcome to the Forums,

First thing to try for any install issue, restart the PC and once restarted go to our setup file in your downloads folder and right click this and select Run As Administrator.

If the install is still failing then can you check this location for me:
%temp%/AffinitySetup

To get to that location, call up the Run box by holding down the Windows key and tapping the letter R.  Copy and paste the above path into the run box and click okay.  That should open a folder, which should contain at least 1 other folder.  If there are more than one, find the latest one and open the folder, you should see 2 log files, setup.log and setui.log if you can upload those to this link and i'll be able to help further :) 

5 hours ago, stokerg said:

Hi chenry and Welcome to the Forums,

First thing to try for any install issue, restart the PC and once restarted go to our setup file in your downloads folder and right click this and select Run As Administrator.

If the install is still failing then can you check this location for me:
%temp%/AffinitySetup

To get to that location, call up the Run box by holding down the Windows key and tapping the letter R.  Copy and paste the above path into the run box and click okay.  That should open a folder, which should contain at least 1 other folder.  If there are more than one, find the latest one and open the folder, you should see 2 log files, setup.log and setui.log if you can upload those to this link and i'll be able to help further :) 

i just uploaded them. restarting the PC didnt work.

Edited by chenry

• Staff

Thanks for the log file.  The main error is this:

+Info: DEBUG: Error 2203:  Database: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\inprogressinstallinfo.ipi. Cannot open database file. System error -2147023504
+Error: The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2203. 

Can't say this is an error i've seen before now but from looking into this it could be an issue with some Windows settings.  Can you call up the Run Box (Windows key+R) in the run box enter CMD and press enter.  You'll get a Window open with a flashing cursor, if you can type:

Set

Then press enter.  You'll see some information on screen.  If you could then highlight all of the text, use CTRL+C to copy it and then paste it either in a Private Message  to me or send it via email to affinitysupport@serif.com with FAO GS in the Subject and i'll take a look and see if i can spot anything wrong :) 

7 minutes ago, stokerg said:

Thanks for the log file.  The main error is this:

+Info: DEBUG: Error 2203:  Database: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\inprogressinstallinfo.ipi. Cannot open database file. System error -2147023504
+Error: The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2203. 

Can't say this is an error i've seen before now but from looking into this it could be an issue with some Windows settings.  Can you call up the Run Box (Windows key+R) in the run box enter CMD and press enter.  You'll get a Window open with a flashing cursor, if you can type:

Set

Then press enter.  You'll see some information on screen.  If you could then highlight all of the text, use CTRL+C to copy it and then paste it either in a Private Message  to me or send it via email to affinitysupport@serif.com with FAO GS in the Subject and i'll take a look and see if i can spot anything wrong :) 

Just sent a pm

• Staff

Hi chenry,

Could of things to try.  1st, can you call up the run box (Windows key+R) and in the run box enter

%TEMP%

and click okay.  Does that open the Temp folder or return an error?

Also if you can bring up the run box again and enter CMD and click okay.  

At the flashing prompt enter:

cd C:\Windows\Installer 

Then press enter

Now type:

dir *.ipi 

Press enter, do you see a file called inprogressinstallinfo.ipi

12 hours ago, stokerg said:

Hi chenry,

Could of things to try.  1st, can you call up the run box (Windows key+R) and in the run box enter

%TEMP%

and click okay.  Does that open the Temp folder or return an error?

Also if you can bring up the run box again and enter CMD and click okay.  

At the flashing prompt enter:

cd C:\Windows\Installer 

Then press enter

Now type:

dir *.ipi 

Press enter, do you see a file called inprogressinstallinfo.ipi

the %TEMP% opened some folders. I did the second thing, but didnt see inprogress file

Edited by chenry

• Staff
3 minutes ago, chenry said:

390 MB (409,260,032 bytes)

That could be the issue, it should be: 390 MB (409,264,128 bytes)

So it looks like you got pretty much all of the download except for the last few bytes.  Can you try downloading it again but from this Dropbox link and then run the setup again (as admin) and let me know the results :) 

6 hours ago, stokerg said:

Hi chenry,

Can you try creating a New User Account on your PC and then running the setup again.  I've checked with a few of the other members of the Tech Team and we all seem it have slightly different size of download, so i think Windows is miss reporting the size in some cases. 

I tried making a new user account, still didn't work. Think the issue is more on my end than the software. I have AD on my ipad and it works fine, windows had been giving me trouble for a while, but AD was working until i tried to update it. Appreciate the assistance.

Edited by chenry