You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New Tutorials - not good communication for me

I use Affinity Photo and don't really do anything too clever, I don't necessarily remember a technique I used some weeks ago and don't use key strokes to find my way around/ select an activity (because I can't remember them. I find the presenter speaking that with the new videos the presenter is speaking a language I can't follow and "tune in" to. Some people may be ok but its going totally over my head and I can watch a new 5 minute tutorial and learn absolutely nothing. Are the "classic tutorials" still available because I am finding the new ones impossible to follow. 

Thanks, I'll go for the legacy stuff. Having spent many years implementing systems, writing and coaching use of computers and business systems, in my opinion the new tutorials seem to miss many key points in training. What is the audience you are providing the tutorials? I have been a supporter of Affinity but people complained about the old stuff and switched off, they certainly won't follow what's on offer now. A key adage in training is "Tell them what you are to tell them, tell them, tell them what you have told them" which the new tutorials seem not to do. My recollection is I have never had the issues I have with the new Affinity Tutorials.  

2 hours ago, Charles p said:

A key adage in training is "Tell them what you are to tell them, tell them, tell them what you have told them"

If people are producing video tutorials based on that, it is no wonder there are so many bad ones out there.

Videos are a visual form of communication first and foremost - they should SHOW, not tell.

The best training videos will be the ones you can follow with the volume muted.  Maybe you will miss out on a few smaller details that way, but at least should be able to understand the core of the training.