You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, Just watched a very good video on Luminosity Masks  in AP

Kind of as we made them in Photoshop and just wondering if anyone out there is looking at creating a plugin for LM's in AP as there are for Photoshop ie. RAY PRO, Lumenzia etc etc. I used PS CS6 some time ago now but left Adobe behind on the subscription idea. I have other softwares that have LM's but the plug ins are much more intense giving far more options along the way. Thankyou. Russ.

A lot of the plugins for adobe either work with quirks or don't work at all, Windows fairs better than Mac in this respect: http://www.miguelboto.com/affinity/photo/plugins-support/ Affinity Photo has luminosity masks: Option + Cmd (Alt + Ctrl on windows I think) and click on the image layer gets you a luminosity selection, you can then create a spare channel and load it to any of the adjustment layers.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Hi, thankyou for your reply. Yes I no AP already has LM's and like the video you can make your own luminosity channels but luminosity panels like those offered from RAYA PRO and Lumenzia give a much greater scope and are much faster to get where you want to be. Again thankyou for your reply. Russ.