You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PSD layer effects and patterns not rendered properly.

Hi, i have just tried the Affinity Photo trial, please move this topic if i'm posting in a wrong section.

I have two problems with AP during the limited time i used it, first of all, the patterns break when loading a PSD file, i'm not sure if this has been addressed elsewhere or if there's a workaround for this as i'm very new to the software and i couldn't figure out a way to get it working, short of recreating the pattern and trying to apply it in a similar way as it was looking before. Was this an issue with my particular instalation/software/hardware configuration or is this an issue you are aware of/working on resolving?

The second issue i had goes a bit deeper, so in... Affinity Photo's biggest competitor... you can apply multiple layer effects of the same kind to the same layer, allowing you to create for example two outlines or a gradient glow/shadow. I didn't find anything of that nature in this program, furthermore PSD files i opened with AP that had multiple layer effects applied to them broke, not permanently, just didn't display properly. You know what i mean. Maybe that option is already there but i was just not able to find it, and then why would imported files break if that was the case? Is this also something you are working on resolving?

Overall i was very pleasantly surprised with the program, the workflow was pretty similar to what i'm used to, might even consider giving it a shot past screwing around with a few files and effects on a trail version but those two issues just sprung up on me during the first time i tested it and they are a pretty big deal to me. I don't know if that's an official statement but i've read many times in reviews and recommendations of the program that it is able to properly interpret complex PSD files without issues and breaking patterns and layer effects are a pretty big issue in my workflow.

Edited by Maqt3cz