Pattou

Photo - Classical (macro)photo

I had a bit of time this WE and edited a few pictures in APhoto (1.7.2). As usual (well in the days when I posted more often), screenshots of living specimens for colours, forms and textures. The lens aperture was not optimal but I did not want to process with focus merging.

P.

P1.JPG

P2.JPG

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

Wow :-) super images!

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/chrissmere

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrissmere 

38 minutes ago, ChrisSmere said:

Wow :-) super images!

Thank you Chris ;). I was used to post such kind of pictures in the past (hidden now).

Cheers,

Patrick

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

8 hours ago, EducationPrinciples said:

Pattou

Nature produces wonderful art, but it takes an observant photographer like yourself to notice it and let the rest of us know that it exists.  Keep it up. 

@EducationPrinciples Thank you ;)

The subject by itself is common but I liked the way the light  enlightened it, including the spines. I've tried to give an appropriate depth of field to give a kind of softness to the subject despite its nature :), edited in APh 1.7.2.

Light.JPG

Another very common specimen : macro without focus merging but using the -I have to say- powerful live sharpen filter(s). I would like so much that selection tools would be as effective.

Cheers,

P.

Capture.JPG

I did what I could (had to) to highlight the pattern and to get this profound orange colour slightly different of the original one... but who cares anyway...

Capture'.JPG

Beautiful work as always Patrick.

Sometimes I'm not sure if it is just that the tool isn't capable of making the selections I think it should be able to, or if my mind just isn't capable of understanding its limitations. Give me enough time though, and I can mask out anything almost anything.

@Smee Again Thank you ;) A previous post about the difficulty to make selection :

@MEB Thank you ;) As you see, I start a new thread after having hidden the previous one but it is the same "style"... and as always, these are photos and not vectors. I am working on a book with APublisher and some of these pictures may go in :)

13 hours ago, MEB said:

Yes, I understand this is the result of the adjustments/editing you perform on the photos (not vector images or tracing)...

Thanks for your kind words. I shouldn't have written that in this way, sorry I only meant that there are few photographic works herein (i.e., this sub-forum) with respect to vector art. I know you know that what I post is photo (although in some abstract stuff, I use both but these are hidden now) ;)

Yes, I remember loving the photos in your previous thread. Particularly stylish.

Exquisite work again.:17_heart_eyes:

Affinity Designer & Photo  :  Win 10

36 minutes ago, Roger C said:

Yes, I remember loving the photos in your previous thread. Particularly stylish.

Exquisite work again.:17_heart_eyes:

@Roger C Thank you, Roger ;)

Patrick

I also like very much still life(s) : as an example, I like the forms, the veins curves and how the leaf(ves) (or whatever tissue/object) shrink giving a precise/specific pattern. Still life can give very graphic pictures (@MEB I allowed myself the use of your expression)... edited in APh 1.7.2

Cheers,

Patrick

Capture.JPG

Coming back on living specimens, like the way these shapes/forms are moving outwards (screenshot of a picture edited in APh 1.7.2).

Capture.JPG

1. A crop of the former to give another feeling, and

2. An easy one, no selection needed in APh (despite some artefacts in the editing process (due to wrong alignment))

Capture.'.JPG

Easy.JPG

I could no resist to edit a few pictures of my cat. He was a few months old at that time and he is now 1 :), again in APh 1.7.2 since I do not use betas at present.

Cheers,

P.

[Edit : image further edited and displayed on page 2 of this thread]