You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Placing an Olympus or Nikon RAW photo issues

I’m having an issue with placing Olympus ORF and Nikon NEF files, not so with CR2 or Jpeg (as long as the jpeg is not from Apple Photos and wasn’t originally shot with Olympus).  I tried both with version 1.7.2 as well as with beta version 1.7.2.153.If

If I try to Place aORF file from Apple Photos, it tells me it’s ready to be placed but it’s nowhere to be found, in or outside the canvas.  Same happens when placing from Apple Photos an edited jpeg which has assets attached (the original ORF file).  

If I try an ORF file from iCloud, it doesn’t do anything, doesn’t even attempt to load.  (Files open fine otherwise in a separate document, just placing is the issue.)

NEF files (albeit these are old from a 3200 model work but are placed with a black thick border on top and bottom of the photo.  

CR2 files from an old Canon 60d and jpegs from iPhone or exported first as jpeg work just fine.

I don’t believe I’m doing anything wrong, and never had an issue composting with my ORF files in previous versions.   Any ideas ? Thanks.  

PS  posting from iPad couldn’t figure out how to removed first try to upload a clip that failed.  Second clip works

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

still having issues placing ORF files from any of my 3 Olympus cameras. em-10, em-5ii and an em-1ii models, both from Photos or iCloud.  Is this issue not going to be fixed??