You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[MATERIAL DESIGN] Icons (filled theme)

Chaosdynamix

Material Design icons (filled theme)

Last update : September 15, 2019

About

This afassets file contain all the icons of the filled theme extracted (manually) from the Material Design Icons Website. All the icons are vector based with a bounding box of 24dp.

Getting started

1. Open the assets pannel (View > Studio > Assets).
  2. Click Panel Preferences (top right of the assets pannel window) and select Import Assets.
  3. Locate the file Material_Design_Icons_Filled.afassets and click Open.

Layers structure

• Icon (Bounding box)
    • Icon__Shape (Icon)

For changing the icon default color, select the shape layer.

Readability

You can change the appearance of the assets in the pannel for a better readability :

1. Open the assets pannel (View > Studio > Assets).
  2. Click Panel Preferences  and select Show as list.

Sources

Material_Design_Icons_Website

Material_Design_Icons_Filled.afassets

• 3 years later...
38 minutes ago, spinhead said:

Unless there's a better current method, if you explain how you did this I might get around to making asset files for the other versions. 

Google Material Icons are now designed as variable fonts, and include 3 fonts with 4 design axes. There are over 3000 glyphs in each font, and each glyph has 84 variants. You may be better off just downloading specific Material Symbols as you need them from https://fonts.google.com/icons.

More info on Google’s Material Design Icon GitHub repo: https://github.com/google/material-design-icons

Edge case: I don't actually *need* any symbols, I use them in my digital art and having a big pile to choose from makes it easy. Grabbing them ad hoc would be like downloading only the letters I needed for this message.

You can download the entire repo from GitHub, which includes over 1.5M SVG web symbols. I'm not aware of a way to automate the process of creating assets from a bunch of SVG files... maybe someone else in here can advise about that.

• 5 months later...

I am using latest Affinity designer version.

I trying to import a google icon svg file as an asset.  I created a new category. when I try to import the assets, the finder window does not allow me to select the svg file.

Are SVG files not allowed to be imported as assets?