You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to open file, unable to copy content from within file

Grzeniu

Hello there!

I would like to report two errors regarding files. One of my recently created projects cannot be opened after application has crashed - it only returns an error message that can be seen in the attachment. Another file work fine until I would like to copy any content from it to another project. Each time I press "Ctrl+C", Designer is busy for a moment and then crashes. This crash also caused the first problem I mentioned. Problem is that I used to copy the object stored in it a lot of times. The problem appeared out of nowhere really, but I needed to re-create the file.

I could share both of these files with staff to look through them and check what could be wrong with them. Also, could I somehow avoid these problems?

My regards,
Grzegorz.

2019-09-15 11_01_43-Failed to open file.png

1 hour ago, Sean P said:

Hi Grzeniu,

Would you be able to upload those files to our internal Dropbox using the link below please?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/KjEYgdVPQiqg212DfcbH

Thanks for the reply.

I have sent both files. The one that couldn't be opened can be opened now for some reason. I couln't open it for two or more sessions yet now, I could have opened this file, so the issue seems to have solved itself. The other file, which crashes program on copy is attached as well and titled.

• Staff

With regards to the crashing on copy, are you using Windows 10? There is a known crash that can happen when attempting to copy objects with Windows Clipboard History enabled? go to Windows Settings > System > Clipboard and then turn off 'Clipboard History' if this was on. You should hopefully now be able to copy without it crashing. Your document worked when copying without this on, and then crashed with it on!

1 hour ago, Sean P said:

With regards to the crashing on copy, are you using Windows 10? There is a known crash that can happen when attempting to copy objects with Windows Clipboard History enabled? go to Windows Settings > System > Clipboard and then turn off 'Clipboard History' if this was on. You should hopefully now be able to copy without it crashing. Your document worked when copying without this on, and then crashed with it on!

My savior! Thank you a lot. And yes, I think I have created the file on a quite fresh Windows 10 machine and only after that looked through some new features and turned on the clipboard history. Turned it off and voila! Works perfectly. Thank you, sir! My best regards!

About the free space - yes I have at least 100GB of space most of the time, but I will look into that if I had some other problems.