You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I downloaded the latest version of affinity photo and since then the layer panel, where you see different layers has shrunk to such a small size that only one layer palette is visible while working( referring to area under opacity and overlay where different layers are visible). I tried to expand it with a cursor by dragging downwards but no luck. The area under navigator, history, channels, info  has extended upwards all the way and has become almost double in size.

Any ideas how to fix it to normal working pattern.

Go to View > Studio > Layers and uncheck the layers panel, then go back and check it.

Another option is to drag the layers panel off the right panel collection, so just left click on the Layers panel name, hold and drag into the work space to separate the layers panel from the panel collection.

You can place the layers panel back and as long as you are holding the left button down, moving the layers panel will show blue highlighters to indictae where the panel will be placed. You will also find if you drag the panel over a group of panels it will move the tabs for the other panels and you can place the layers panel within a group.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Tried the above options but didn't worked out.

Its not only the layers panel but the whole area under adjustments, layers, effects, styles, stock and then overlay and opacity. That area is reduced to a small size so that when I am working on layers, the width of the area is such that only one layer is visible at a time.

The area under navigator, history, channels, info  has extended upwards all the way and has become almost double in size reducing the box showing layers info.

1 hour ago, muhammadk said:

The area under navigator, history, channels, info  has extended upwards all the way and has become almost double in size

View > Studio > Reset Studio should put things back to their default positions

If the above does not work please upload a screenshot of what you are seeing

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.