Hi, I’m having two issues with the colour picker tool on my iPad Pro 12in while using an Apple Pencil.

Firstly, the pencil is not selecting the colour I choose; ie, I select the tool, move and hover over a colour, release the pencil off the screen (mimicking the finger process) but it does not select the color, ie the swatch does not change to the colour I have chosen. The selection process works perfectly when I use my finger. 

Secondly, selecting the colour picker results in two magnifying  selection dots  that hover over the screen,  rather than the expected single dot (see attached pic). 

9FCB539B-E811-4D96-9BC8-91E62140AFC4.png

Hi Rrus and Welcome to the Forums,

Looks like you've got Show Touches enabled in Preferences which is why you see the blue circle.  Also with the Colour Picker, the outer edge will change to the colour you've picked, so thats when to release the pencil.  

If it's still not working, we may need a screen recording showing the issue.

Hi Rrus,

Thanks for the screen recording.

I've attached a screen recording of the results i get when doing the same and as you can see, it works.  I've tested this with an Apple Pencil 1 and an older iPad and didn't have any issue.  Also tested with Apple Pencil 2 and a newer ipad, without issue.

Can you try restarting your iPad and see if you have the same issue

Just now, Rrus said:

Thanks.

Also, i've just been able to replicate this with the Apple Pencil 1 on a 12.9 inch iPad and on a 9.7.

Like you say, it works and then just stops.  I found quitting and going back into the app, that made the Colour Picker work again BUT it will stop working again :( 

Just had this confirmed by the QA team and they've point out it's already logged with Dev to resolve :) 

If you use the Colour Picker from the Tools down the side, this shouldn't happen :) 

Yes this problem has been reported many many  times, each reinstall seems to fix it for several minutes then it stays with the black ring. Work around is to use your finger.

Affinity Photo 1.7, Designer 1.7, Publisher 1.7 on MACOS Catalina Beta, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7 on iPad Pro 9.7" iPadOS 13 beta, Affinity Photo 1.7 on Windows 10

https://www.facebook.com/groups/affinityforipad/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/