Digital Mirror

Publisher Crashes Big File

Hey there, 

I have created a publisher file that may have gotten too big for its own good... and now crashes publisher every time I try to open it. The size of the file is around 1.3 GB and I had maybe 100 pages of photos and text laid out. I would love to not lose the file because I put a lot of work into it..... have you encountered this and overcome it? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks for the amazing products Serif <3

-Casey

It's a possibility that you are running out of disk space - such files can take up a lot of temporary space when they are open(ed).

Living the Dream since 1964 - about 25 years left

Are your image files linked or embedded?

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

The disk space thing is a bit of a rare occurrence (where it got to 90gb).

If it's possible to send us the file we can see if it crashes on our end too, and if so log it for a developer to look into and (hopefully) recover, but we can't promise anything.

The link above is only viewable by Serif staff and the file would only be used for testing purposes.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

I've let our data protection officer know about your concerns, the link above will only be accessible by myself, the file will also be seen by developers. If you would prefer to use your own dropbox and provide only me with the URL then you are welcome to. I will delete the file from my local machine once we are done with it.

Obviously our only aim here is to fix the file and suss out what happened to your file to get it into this state.

If the file is crashing because it has become a bit corrupt it will need to be sent to us to possibly be fixed (but just to re-iterate I can't guarantee that we will be able to fix it).

If you would still prefer not to, it might be useful to see a crash report, but it's a lot easier to troubleshoot/debug something if we can reproduce it.

5 hours ago, Jon P said:

I've let our data protection officer know about your concerns, the link above will only be accessible by myself, the file will also be seen by developers. If you would prefer to use your own dropbox and provide only me with the URL then you are welcome to. I will delete the file from my local machine once we are done with it.

Obviously our only aim here is to fix the file and suss out what happened to your file to get it into this state.

If the file is crashing because it has become a bit corrupt it will need to be sent to us to possibly be fixed (but just to re-iterate I can't guarantee that we will be able to fix it).

If you would still prefer not to, it might be useful to see a crash report, but it's a lot easier to troubleshoot/debug something if we can reproduce it.

Ok, I can attach it..... you say "the Link above" but I dont see anything.... should I just Private message it to you?

Thanks for that, it crashes on my end and looks similar to a couple of files we've seen recently with the same issue.

I've logged it and will get back to you when I hear from the developers