You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Just thinking about this now you've mentioned it. I suppose the thinking is that it's helpful to be able to see the grid overlaid when you position elements and the grid can be turned of temporarily by pressing the preview icon but I see your point that if your standard option is to have the grid visible all the time then it can be distracting or even sometimes actually interfere with positioning elements. I notice that some other applications that use grid overlays have issues with how they are displayed and wonder if it's a programming thing?

Edited by CarlM
spelling

2 hours ago, CarlM said:

Just thinking about this now you've mentioned it. I suppose the thinking is that it's helpful to be able to see the grid overlaid when you position elements and the grid can be turned of temporarily by pressing the preview icon but I see your point that if your standard option is to have the grid visible all the time then it can be distracting or even sometimes actually interfere with positioning elements. I notice that some other applications that use grid overlays have issues with how they are displayed and wonder if it's a programming thing?

The fact is that the grid is needed exactly at the edges of the image, or text (at least for me), otherwise it just bothers. It would be very convenient for everyone if there was an option to transfer the object to the foreground. In any case, this design is available in Indesign. And what are we worse?
Thank! I am no longer alone!

On 9/14/2019 at 9:00 PM, graphos said:

The fact is that the grid is needed exactly at the edges of the image, or text (at least for me), otherwise it just bothers. It would be very convenient for everyone if there was an option to transfer the object to the foreground. In any case, this design is available in Indesign. And what are we worse?
Thank! I am no longer alone!

We are not worse as you say but Indesign has been developed way longer then Publisher. You can't expect every single option of a way older program into a relatively new program. It takes time to implement.

On 9/14/2019 at 11:55 AM, graphos said:

I work exclusively with the document grid, but when it is at the forefront, it interferes with viewing. Tell me, is it possible to make the grid in the background?

To toggle the grid on and off, use this key combination (Windows): Ctrl+'

5 hours ago, Tourmaline said:

We are not worse as you say but Indesign has been developed way longer then Publisher. You can't expect every single option of a way older program into a relatively new program. It takes time to implement.

Yes, of course, I understand this, and just express my wishes. But I think it will come in handy for everyone ...
Thank.