You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

beta v475 - Selection marquee disappears

Just started with the new beta on a couple projects (6-page A4 pubs) from ID pdf files. Just noticed that with a full-page 100% view, if I draw a selection rectangle around everything on a page, if I stretch past the current 100% view on the bottom, the marquee disappears and I no longer see the blue selection box or outline. It does select things, although I can't really tell where it left off with a lot of items/layers since the selection box disappeared. I end up deselecting everything, then carefully dragging the marquee and avoiding going off the edge of the window. 

Thinking it has to be a bug since it makes it pretty tough to drag a larger selection of everything on a page and adjacent pasteboard. 

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

Playing with it some more, if I hold the drag and move it back up above the bottom of the page, the box eventually comes back in a sec or two. But once I drag even slightly below the bottom of the page, the box disappears.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

In Publisher, it's pages. And it happens when I drag the marquee down past the end of the page bottom, which is a very common thing when selecting either all elements on a page or even when selecting elements at the bottom section of a page. Do it almost everyday and have for years. Not sure when this started in APub, but don't remember it prior to the newest beta, but could be wrong about that. Have normally used ID for most client work (doesn't happen there) but trying to migrate as best I can.

My best guess is that the software "thinks" I have tried to select a part of the next page, so shuts off the marquee. But that makes it pretty tough to use the selection marquee to select things at the bottom of a page, much less all items on a page (and not get items on the aside/pasteboard). But I'm just guessing. Just hope they can fix it.

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.