You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer Crash When Trying to Create Seamless Pattern w/ Symbols

Good afternoon,

I've just had designer crash/immediately close on its own while trying to follow an online tutorial to make a seamless pattern utilizing the symbols function. For five times in a row now, I've gone to move the small black rectangle/resize it to fit inside/snap to the edges of the red square, and upon each attempt to resize the program has immediately closed itself with no warning. 

Please advise?

Thanks, 

S.Freeze

SeamlessPatternForTechSupport.afdesign

12 hours ago, SF1 said:

For five times in a row now, I've gone to move the small black rectangle/resize it to fit inside/snap to the edges of the red square, and upon each attempt to resize the program has immediately closed itself with no warning. 

This is working fine for me in the 1.7.2 Mac version of Designer. Are you using the Mac or Windows version?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On further testing, I found it only did this when I used my wacom intuos pro--once I switched to both mouse and also just the general touch function, the problem/crash/close no longer happened. 

It would seem it's something to do with how the Affinity apps work with the wacom pen tablet, as I've tested the wacom functionality with several other apps (including inkscape and gimp, for example) and everything functions perfectly within the other apps--no crashes, no lag/delay...

I've seen elsewhere in the forums that others have noticed issues with using wacom tablets with Affinity--I do hope it's sorted out soon.