I have an issue concerning overriding text of Master Pages.

I created a document with a Master Page including two text frames: one with a static text set in my Master Page (text is the same on all my pages) and one I override with my own content in each pages.
I wanted to reuse and translate my document to get a few model documents in different languages. So I modified the language of my Master Page's text frames and I noticed that:
- for my static text frame: the language has actually changed in all pages
- for the other text frame (the one I completed with my own content on each pages): the language hasn't change.

I noticed the same problem with other properties like text colour for instance: I couldn't find how to apply a text colour to all my text frames by modifying the one in master page if the text has already been edited in the different pages. One solution could be applying the Master Page to my pages once again but if I do that I lose all the text I have previously added.

Does anyone know if it is possible and how to do that? How to automatically override text frames properties without deleting the text on the different pages?

Thank you for your help.

24 minutes ago, Bazz said:

- for the other text frame (the one I completed with my own content on each pages): the language hasn't change.

I noticed the same problem with other properties like text colour for instance: I couldn't find how to apply a text colour to all my text frames by modifying the one in master page if the text has already been edited in the different pages. One solution could be applying the Master Page to my pages once again but if I do that I lose all the text I have previously added.

Hello @Bazz,

the language and the colour of text are not properties of the text frame. They are properties of a paragraph style (or text style). This means there is no need to change the language or colour on the master page. You'de rather change it in the text styles panel ('View > Studio > Text styles).

d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.3.476)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.3.476)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.3.475)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Another solution would be to duplicate the text frame on the Master Page, assigning each a different language. Then hide one Fran free it the other to create different documents. 

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta