You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo 1.7.2 crashes when I try to choose a font

• Staff

Does it happen with all fonts? It is possible you have a bad font installed. We've seen this before with odd characters and it was common with some Asian fonts.

If you're crashing back to desktop, can you check %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports\reports and attach any crash reports in that folder, it might help us narrow it down.

Hello Chirs, 
This happens as soon as I start to scroll down to choose a font. I don't use any odd font.
I discovered that if I start to scroll very slowly or choose one of the first fonts in the list and then scroll down again slowly, it doesn't crash. Yet, scrolling down the font list didn't cause me any problem before the update. 
I'll try to send you a report

• Staff

I think a crash report will help so I will look forward to that.

One option we have is to make a copy of the font folder and then start deleting big chunks of fonts and then run the app up between each deletion to see if we can narrow it down. I realise that could be somewhat time-consuming but I could have a go if you wanted to zip a copy of your font folder and I'll provide a private Dropbox link so you can upload it.

However, let's try the crash report first as this might give us the biggest clue!