You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

setting images to bleed guide lines

Does anyone know when using publisher to send to a off set printing.... should you size the images all the way to the bleed line or can i just make sure they go over the first bleed guideline.. and is it bad to have images close to the page border - i have a .25 border 

Edited by ipc
trying to set notify reply

I am not sure what your problem is?

a) Do your images are placed right at the edge of the page border? If this is the case, I would recommend that parts of the image would cover the whole bleed are. Normally 3 mm are enough.

b) If your images are not placed at the edge of a page order, you do not need the images to cover the bleed area.

But maybe I did not get your point here, so a screenshot of the page would be helpful.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

hopefull those will show u

1 how close to blue page border is safe

2 and the bleed border can i just go over the bleed line or is it better to extend to full bleed

i think u answered its ok if they just go over... (most of my pages have ful coverage) 

pageborderex.gif

Examplebleed.gif

The orange rectangles in the attached image represent placed images. In most cases images covering a bleed of 1,5 mm should be fine, but I experienced a "professional" printing service, which had an offset of 2 mm cutting the paper. :(

bleedarea.jpg

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed