You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Grid snapping to working precisely anymore

edit: Affinity Designer on Desktop (Windows) /edited

The objects are snapping, but with an offset in relation of the real grid. Attached image will illustrate it better.

I tested with new documents it works fine, but in the current one which I'm working with, it has broke.

There is someway to reset it?

I'm working with multiple artboards, if it is relevant.

I could find this case on the forum, Thanks

Screenshot_10.jpg

Which app are you in?

What snapping settings do you have enabled?

Can you upload the troublesome file?

It's maybe snapping to the pixel grid, try turning off the snapping option for that.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Hello, 

Thanks for replying.

Sorry, it is Affinity Designer for windows (I edited the main topic for future reference).

I checked the pixel grid - it is disabled.

---

But I guess I figured out how. 

• There is a mess between the artboard coordinates (0,0) and the grid snaping, multiple artboards and changin grids. More noticiable in triangle grids
  • If the artboard (0,0) is not aligned with main axis of the grid, it snaps with different offset.
  • This problem happens because the grid axis are automatically aligned with the 1st artboard, while the Axis Handle align with the current arboard
  • So I believe the snapping is working fine, but the display grid is initially aligned with first artboard.

So my current solution is:

1. Moving the artboard close to Axis Grid
  2. Only eye-level precision
  3. I couldn't figured out by now a way to snap the artboard with the grid (if there is a way, there is the final solution).

Is there a solution for snaping artboard to grid? 

---

I removed the main content of my file and shared below.

grid-snap.afdesign

Screenshot_12.jpg

Screenshot_11.jpg

Screenshot_14.jpg