You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Smart Keyboard and text editing

On Affinity Photo for iPad, when I use my Apple Smart Keyboard (on my second-gen iPad Pro), for some reason when I’m trying to edit text layers there is no support for a number of keys on the keyboard, including the cursor keys, the delete key, or cmd-shortcuts (like cmd-A for select all, cmd-C for copy, etc.).

These seem like strange things to be missing. Is there anything I should do to make it work, or is this just an oversight in the app? If the latter, it’d be great if full keyboard support were added to the text tool.

Thanks!

• Staff

Hi _fluffy :)

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! Could you please confirm for me;

What version of iOS are you running?

Is the text object Artistic Text or a Text frame (or both?)

I've tested this here using an iPad Pro 12.9" with a Smart Keyboard and the following shortcuts do work for me - Cursor keys, delete key & undo, copy, cut and paste shortcuts.
The following didn't work for me - Select all, redo.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that, at the time of testing I was using 12.4.1 - so this may be isolated to the iOS 13 beta.

Please make sure you're running the latest version (GM) and try again, does this help at all?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!