You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

White color is not white

Welcome to the forums JenV.
My first guess, and I’m not an expert in this area, is that it looks like what happens when you have the wrong colour management set-up.
Go to Edit → Preferences, then click on the “Colour” icon, and have a look at the settings (what you need can only be determined by you as we don’t know your set-up).
I have attached an image which - I think - shows the default values.
Also, this procedure https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/55149-factory-reset/ shows how to reset Photo back to the factory defaults.
If this isn’t the problem then please say so.

Annotation 2019-09-13 083036.png

• Staff

Hi @JenV and Welcome to the Forums,

@GarryP Is correct, this will be to do with the colour profile in use, either in Affinity or by Windows.  If Affinity is set to sRGB then it will be the colour profile your monitor in Windows is using.  If you follow the steps below, it should help sort things:

1)Click on the Windows logo in the bottom left corner of Windows so you get a menu pop up and then start typing the word Colour Management 

2)The 1st things that appears should be under a heading called Best Match and it should be Colour Management.  Double click this and a window will open and show you a Devices tabs.  

3) In here will be a list of colour profiles.  If it doesn't show a colour profile called: sRGB IEC61966-2.1 click on the Add button and you'll see a long list of profiles.  

4)Find sRGB IEC61966-2.1, select it and click on ok.  Then you should be back at the Devices tab and it should now show sRGB IEC61966-2.1, select it and click the set as default button.

If you then close that window, start up Affinity Photo, whites should now be white.

If when you bring up the Colour Management window for the 1st time and it happens to show two or more colour profiles in the list and one is sRGB IEC61966-2.1, just select it then click Set As Default and then start Affinity and all will be well (or white...)

1 hour ago, stokerg said:

Hey I know this is because if colour profile :)

@stokerg @GarryP You're tips is help me and I also wanna add some additional details about that. Thank you for fast reply I appreciate it.

-----------------------------

1) Open Colour Management

2) We need to Select your device. The device can be anything in the list [from fax to different monitors] I have a laptop and additional monitor.

So, just select you monitor in device tab. After that you need to check tick [ set as default settings for this device ]

3) Add button now will be active to add sRGB IEC61966-2.1 color profile.

4) sRGB IEC61966-2.1 color profile  will be add to the list. Click the set as profile by default. Done.

Edited by JenV