You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mac overheats with APhoto

Roberta

Hello there,

Lately I have been having an issue that I can't resolve.

My Macbook Pro starts to overheat like crazy when I use pressure-sensitive brushes (even the simplest).

It has never done it before and I can't figure out why.

The only change I can think of is that I had to install adobe CC and dropbox for work but when I use Affinity they are both inactive.

I mainly use Affinity for illustration and I have uploaded a short video showing 2 different performance settings that both lead to overheat in seconds (and you can also see the lag on the line).
Video: 

Can anyone shine a light on this issue?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Roberta,
If you set the Display to Metal, untick Use only integrated GPU and tick Enable Metal compute acceleration does it still lag/overheat?

Hi MEB,

Thanks for replying, I am getting a bit frustrated/sad because of this issue.

I will try what you suggested and let you know. In the meantime I also reinstalled the old tablet drivers and for some reason it gets a bit less crazy overheating..
The weird thing is that Affinity makes my Mac overheat only if I use the tablet..

Thanks again!

Hi MEB,

I tried with the setting you suggested but with no improvement unfortunately..

I also tried downloading and installing old drivers for the tablet (from before the issue) and it still overheats.
Just for a comparison I tried the tablet with photoshop and the same happens so I guess I have an issue with my tablet...

So I guess I need to ask for support from Wacom :(

Thanks for the help anyway!!