You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export Settings for several Artboards at once

Hi there,

I’m currently in the process of evaluating the Affinity apps to replace the Adobe-subscriptions for me and some colleagues. Photo and Designer look very promising so far (Publisher not yet). Actually I’m using Affinity Designer to replace Illustrator for over a year now, doing more and more real client work.

But there is one thing I think is too complicated/cumbersome compared to Illustrator and I almost can’t believe this isn't easier in Affinity Designer. That’s exporting.

I often have a file with many Artboards (for iconfonts). I need to export individual SVG-files for every Artboard. When I go to the Export-Persona, I can change the export settings for every Artboard in the Slices-palette. But I have to do this for every single Artboard. Is there no way to just export all checked Artboards as SVGs (or whatever) or change the settings all together and not individually?

And while I am at it: Is there a way to make a new document with, let’s say 100 Artboards of the same sice, neatly ordered with a certain distance in rows and columns. In Illustrator I can do that right in the New-File dialog. In Affinity I copied and layed out the Artboards by hand.

I Hope someone can help me to overcome the last hurdles and rid of Adobe ;-)

Thanks a lot.

• Staff

Hi Markus01,

Welcome to the forums :)

4 hours ago, Markus01 said:

Is there no way to just export all checked Artboards as SVGs (or whatever) or change the settings all together and not individually?

There is a way to apply the same export settings to all slices, using the 'copy & paste' function of the slices panel. I've attached a quick video below showing this!

4 hours ago, Markus01 said:

Is there a way to make a new document with, let’s say 100 Artboards of the same sice, neatly ordered with a certain distance in rows and columns

Unfortunately there's no way to do this from the File>New dialog currently, however you can add new artboards using the artboard tool, which will add the artboard with equal spacing between each. This only works in rows however, not columns -

69180360cc929515b929c3b4476d5df8.gif

I hope this helps! :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!