You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

#StudioLink - Crashes every time when I try the Ashley Hewson stunt!

Johannes

StudioLink selection refinement - crash - every single time. 

If I do that like here on minute 19:00 my Publisher crashes in the second of clicking apply. Every time. On every file.

Publisher 1.7.2 (Affinity store) Photo, Designer 1.7.2 (Apple App store), OS X 10.11.6

Advertising designer - Austria —  Photo - Publisher - Designer — CS6 d&wP — Mac Pro 5,1 (4,1 2009) 48GB 2x X5690 - RX580 - 970EVO - OS X 10.14.6 - NEC2690wuxi2 - CD20"—  iPad Pro 12.9" gen1 128 GB - Pencil

• Staff

We've heard of a couple of reports of people getting crashes when doing refine selection in Affinity Photo but have struggled to reproduce the behavior.

Before you refine a selection can you save the document with history and attach it here?

Does it only crash if you click Apply when setting it to output as a mask?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

1 hour ago, Jon P said:

Before you refine a selection can you save the document with history and attach it here?

Does it only crash if you click Apply when setting it to output as a mask?

I hope the attached file test.afpub is what you need to solve this. I had now about 20 crashes with that in the last 10 minutes.

Publisher crashes in Photo persona with selection refinement by clicking Apply when Selection is selected in the pull down menu and when Mask is selected. It doesn't crash with the other two options, where a new layer is created. It also crashes by just closing the selection refinement window if Mask was once selected.

test.afpub

image credit: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Affinity-publisher-icon-1080.png https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Affinity_designer_icon.png https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Affinity-photo-icon.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-12 um 16.14.22.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-12 um 16.03.57.png

Edited by Johannes
highlight test.afpub, added english screen shot, added credits

Advertising designer - Austria —  Photo - Publisher - Designer — CS6 d&wP — Mac Pro 5,1 (4,1 2009) 48GB 2x X5690 - RX580 - 970EVO - OS X 10.14.6 - NEC2690wuxi2 - CD20"—  iPad Pro 12.9" gen1 128 GB - Pencil

• Staff

I'm afraid i still can't reproduce this with that file, but we have heard before of some people in experiencing a crash doing this step which we are still looking to reproduce internally.

Do you have any crash reports in %AppData%\Affinity\Publisher\1.0\CrashReports that you can attach?

• Staff

I've added those reports to the issue we have logged for this, hopefully the developers can get some information from them.

Bit of a shot in the dark, but can you try it again with View > Studio > Channels disabled and let me know if the same happens?

try it again with View > Studio > Channels disabled

tried it. crashed.

I found out something new.

You have to have Window > Seperated Mode checked for it to crash.

Edited by Johannes
bold

• Staff

That was the key, although I also find I have to have the channels panel active to reproduce the crash here, but I have now reproduced it and updated our issue with a clear recipe, should be a lot easier for the developers to fix now we have reproduced it internally.

Thanks for the info!