Darek K

PS to AP "language" translator ?

Hi.

Sometimes I have problems when searching solutions "how to do some things in AP what I made in PS".

E.g in PS is command Ctrl+shift+U to desaturate layer.

I did not found similar command in AP.

I know how to desaturate layer in AP but maybe is simple way to do this.

The same way - in PS between layer icon and mask is chain icon.

Exactly the same work does checkbox "Lock children" when using "Move tool" but it is in toolbar.

Maybe there is video or pdf or web page "how to do the same things in AP" ?

Thanks.

Darek K

23 minutes ago, Darek K said:

The same way - in PS between layer icon and mask is chain icon.

Exactly the same work does checkbox "Lock children" when using "Move tool" but it is in toolbar.

“Lock children” prevents child layers from being transformed (i.e. moved, resized or rotated) when you transform the parent layer, which is very different from clicking on a chain icon to make layers move together.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

Thank You, but it was only examples how the same/similar things are resolved in PS and in AP.

Main question is "in PS I made something 'this way', how to do this in AP ?"

Hi Darek K :)

Unfortunately there's no such resource, first party or otherwise (that I'm aware of!) that outlines 'PS operation X = AP operation Y' - my apologies.

If you're looking for help regarding specific features of functions, it's worth checking our Help file for similarly named functions - https://affinity.help/photo/

If you're still having trouble then don't hesitate to post on the forums asking how a certain PS operation can be completed in Affinity :)