You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PS to AP "language" translator ?

Hi.

Sometimes I have problems when searching solutions "how to do some things in AP what I made in PS".

E.g in PS is command Ctrl+shift+U to desaturate layer.

I did not found similar command in AP.

I know how to desaturate layer in AP but maybe is simple way to do this.

The same way - in PS between layer icon and mask is chain icon.

Exactly the same work does checkbox "Lock children" when using "Move tool" but it is in toolbar.

Maybe there is video or pdf or web page "how to do the same things in AP" ?

Thanks.

Darek K

23 minutes ago, Darek K said:

The same way - in PS between layer icon and mask is chain icon.

Exactly the same work does checkbox "Lock children" when using "Move tool" but it is in toolbar.

“Lock children” prevents child layers from being transformed (i.e. moved, resized or rotated) when you transform the parent layer, which is very different from clicking on a chain icon to make layers move together.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Hi Darek K :)

Unfortunately there's no such resource, first party or otherwise (that I'm aware of!) that outlines 'PS operation X = AP operation Y' - my apologies.

If you're looking for help regarding specific features of functions, it's worth checking our Help file for similarly named functions - https://affinity.help/photo/

If you're still having trouble then don't hesitate to post on the forums asking how a certain PS operation can be completed in Affinity :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)