You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @moon_lady12. :)

10 minutes ago, moon_lady12 said:

I am a dummy and need help 

Please help us to help you! Which Affinity app are you using, and on what platform (Mac or Windows)? Is the image a raw image from a digital camera, or is it in a common image file format such as JPEG, PNG or TIFF?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4 (iPad 7th gen)

I haven’t noticed any such problems with PNGs in AD on Windows. For JPEGs you need to be aware that they can be RGB or CMYK: the gamut (range of colours) for RGB is much larger than the gamut for CMYK, and it’s the brighter colours that are lost on conversion.

Can you attach a sample image here?

Alfred spacer.png

@moon_lady12

Rather than the screenshots you posted I suspect the actual file itself would be of rather more use.  You can attach it to your next reply.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Your PDF file opens correctly for me in AD, both on Windows and on iPad. However, there are two layers — ‘Ebene 1’ for the drawing and ‘Ebene 2’ for the text — so it’s clearly not just a JPEG or PNG as implied by your earlier posts, and since it’s an unprofiled document it has my working profile (sRGB IEC61966-2.1) automatically assigned. We really need to see the original image file as an attachment, not as an embedded image which may have been modified by the forum software.

Alfred spacer.png

1 hour ago, moon_lady12 said:

I cant send file as its too large it says

How large is it? Try compressing it to .zip, .rar, or .7z format.

1 hour ago, moon_lady12 said:

feel free to take control and examine yourself

I’m not convinced that examining myself will help you! :P

Alfred spacer.png

I had a look at your files too.

The color values in Photoshop and Affinity Photo are exactly(!) the same. You must be doing something wrong.

My question:

• Which color profile has your monitor?
  • Which color profile has your Designer document?
  • Which color profile did you choose for output?

What you should change: Your image has no color profile at all! This may lead to color aberrations, because the application can’t know, which colors you are expecting. But even in this case (no RGB profile) the deviation like in your images above (red <> purple) shouldn’t show up.

8 hours ago, moon_lady12 said:

can some one help my computer screen isn't showing the true colours of an image I placed in affinity and I am a dummy and need help 

Hi  @moon_lady12 could you please with the move tool selected (press V) click on document setup, and tell use what colour format and color profile you see there? 

A) What do you see in the document setup

image.png.3c54f5453b0fac37c8886916adeacb08.pngimage.png.56bd3456e4859d0f2fcad878f024e60e.png 

B) What color settings do you see in Publishers global settings (Edit -> Preferences -> Colours), something like this?

image.png.55b599b3b6f0e6fb93232eae4b965093.png

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.